Well, it has been a very uneventful weekend before Valentine's Day! Friday night, Jeff & I headed to Michaels to buy stuff so I can make DeAnn's bridal shower invitations. We were maybe inside for 30 minutes, and when we came out it was SNOWING! This is something we haven't seen since November or December 2005! Well, it was big flakes and was blowing, but it didn't last long. We headed to Longhorn Steakhouse for supper, but they had an hour wait, so we headed home for a bit, and then called ahead to Longhorn and went back at about 7:30pm.
Then Saturday morning we got up early and Jeff headed into work at about 7am to help Walt with some stuff at work. They had a crew coming in to seal the floors, so Jeff & Walt had to move stuff around so the guys could get to the floors. While he was at work, I relaxed at home, and worked on DeAnn's shower invitations a bit. Well, Jeff came home for lunch, then went back into work in the afternoon! Well, we decided we needed to eat something for dinner so we made some Scalloped Salmon from Aunt Effie's Church cookbook page 233....it was pretty good....we also had cornbread with it! I will admit it didn't look very appetizing when we first mixed it up, but once it was cooked, it was pretty tasty!
Sunday morning we awoke at about 3am with Coop getting sick on our bed. He ended up throwing up a little stick, a walnut shell, and something else (probalby wood). Well, we took him down to his kennel and put the comforter in the dining room out of the way. Jeff ended up getting up at 7am this morning and headed into work at 7:30 to help Walt again! He came home about 11:30 and we decided we were going to Penney's to look for a new comforter -- we've been wanting one, and decided that Cooper didn't like the old one :) Well, we headed to Independence, ate at T.G.I. Fridays, then went to Penney's and the mall. We didn't find anything we wanted, so we headed home and now we're watching the ProBowl. Before long we're headed to the grocery store to buy groceries and decide what to have for supper tonight!
So, it was a pretty uneventful Pre-Valentine's weekend. I don't know what we're going to do this week for Jeff's birthday/Valentine's Day! I'm sure we'll figure something out. Also, I have a short week this week -- Parent Teacher Conferences on Thursday from 1-8pm, and then no school on Friday and no school on Monday for President's Day! YEAH, a FOUR day weekend!
8 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment